The Senior Property Accountant position will report to the Manager, Property Accounting and will work directly on day to day accounting responsibilities to produce monthly GAAP financial statements. The Senior Property Accountant will work closely with Property Managers, other Senior Property Accountants, Corporate Accounting personnel, and third-party accounting teams to resolve issues, correct errors, and train where necessary.
We Foster a Culture That Accepts You for Being You
EverWest continues to grow by enabling diverse perspectives centered around building a workplace that fosters diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging. We understand that employees want to feel welcome and will thrive in an advocating environment. To support this, EverWest has four (4) DEI subcommittees serving as platforms for Retention, Recruitment, Inclusive Culture and DEI Training & Development. By providing a DEI platform to elevate ideas company-wide, EverWest sets tangible goals to improve in each of these (4) areas. To learn more about EverWest’s DEI efforts, click the button below.
Skills, Knowledge, & Experience
- Advanced knowledge in GAAP, monthly close processes, and cash management
- Excellent ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to forge effective working relationships throughout accounting team and organization
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize with attention to details
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with the accounting team and members of the broader organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients (written & verbal)
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion related to confidential matters
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Starting Salary & Benefits
$80,000 to $95,000
- Flexible Time Off
- Commuter Benefits
- View all benefit offerings
- Perform full-cycle accounting duties for portfolio of various commercial product types, i.e. office, industrial
- Facilitate and complete monthly journal entries and close procedures in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure proper classification and address variances
- Complete monthly bank and escrow reconciliations
- Manage monthly fixed asset/intangible additions and disposals and record monthly depreciation/amortization
- Interact with and support with third-party accounts receivable and lease accounting team
- Interact with on-site property managers and accounting team
- Work with Property Managers to prepare quarterly capital reconciliations
- Review annual CAM reconciliations and work with Property Managers to get billed timely
- Assist Property Managers with annual reforecast and budgeting process
- Manage and interact with third-party accountants; review monthly reporting packages and distribution analysis
- Assist auditors and tax preparers for required reports and returns
- Be proactive in relation to processes, efficiencies & communication
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting/finance majors and CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of general ledger accounting or minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience. Preferred experience in commercial real estate (industrial/office) and/or property management industries.
- Minimum of 2 years of MRI accounting software or similar platform
¹Assets Under Management (“AUM”) as of March 31, 2023 is the sum of:
- net asset value of private equity, venture capital, private credit and healthcare funds, including uncalled capital commitments of those funds and unused leverage,
- gross asset value of the underlying real estate of EverWest funds and separate accounts,
- fair value of assets held in co-investment vehicles managed by Sagard and uncalled capital commitments of those co-investment vehicles,
- AUM of other managers controlled by Sagard,
- fair value of all other assets managed by Sagard that are not otherwise included in the clauses above.
Our definition of AUM is not based on any definition contained in our fund management agreements. Furthermore, our calculation may differ from the manner in which the SEC defines “Regulatory Assets Under Management” on Form ADV and from the AUM definition used by other asset managers.